The Armidale Waldorf School and Boongaiai Preschool is seeking energetic and warm-hearted professional with a passion for high quality education to fill the position of Student Learning Assistant.
We are looking for someone who will be able to bring joy, wonder and beauty through music, art, story-telling and craft into the lives of the children, whose most important work is play. You will be able to bring the developmental aspect of the curriculum to life for the parents and to engender social warmth and community building.
Student Learning Assistants:
- Support students to follow and practice the establishment and maintenance of class routines.
- Provide in class and out of class support for individual and small group work as directed by the teacher and/or the learning support coordinator.
- Assist with the implementation of Individual Education/Behaviour Plans and Personal Care programs.
- Support students in their development of adequate independence in work habits and readiness for learning
- Perform playground supervision duties.
- Assist teaching staff in the supervision of pupils on excursions and out of school education activities (e.g. Camps)
- Promote respect, empathy and inclusion for all students
- Commitment to serving as part of a team in the development and implementation of Individual Education Plans.
- Working With Children Number
- Current First Aid Certificate (including CPR, Asthma and Anaphylaxis)
- Certificate 111 in Learning support or other relevant education qualification
- Relevant Steiner PD
- Skills in handcrafts particularly knitting, crocheting and sewing.
- Drawing and painting
- Music and recorder
- Experience with phonetic based literacy
- An interest in theories and strategies which support the acquisition of literacy and numeracy skills
- Experience using behavior management strategies
How to Apply:
Applications close 9th December 2018. Please send your application with a cover letter addressing the criteria above, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org