The Armidale Waldorf School and Boongaiai Preschool is seeking an experienced, energetic and warm-hearted early childhood professional with a passion for high quality care and education to fill the position of Preschool Director. Starting immediately, this full-time role will ideally include face to face teaching over the 5 full days, however we would be willing to consider other arrangements pursuant to the regulations.
We are looking for someone who will be able to bring joy, wonder and beauty through music, art, story-telling and craft into the lives of the children, whose most important work is play. You will be able to bring the developmental aspect of the curriculum to life for the parents and to engender social warmth and community building.
The successful applicant must be eligible to hold the position of Nominated Supervisor and capable of ensuring the Boongaiai Preschool works within the Steiner Philosophy, while meeting all licencing, staffing and funding requirements, as well as upholding the professional standards of a Preschool.
- ACECQA Approved ECT degree or Diploma in Childrens Services or actively working towards an ECT qualification
- Current Working with Children Check, and First Aid Certificate (including CPR, Asthma and Anaphylaxis)
- Good understanding of the ELYF, NQS and NQF
- Experience in staff management, knowledge of entitlements, and rostering to meet ratios
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to market the service and establish community networks
- The ability to build a warm and friendly rapport with our children and their families
- Good time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines
- Previous experience working at a Director level with clear leadership qualities and the confidence to manage a diverse team of experienced educators, as well as interact with our management committee
- Nominated/Certified Supervisor Certificate
- Experience working in Steiner Education or willingness to undertake further professional development in this area
- Previous experience working with not for profits
- A good understanding of committee roles and governance
How to Apply:
Please send your application with a cover letter addressing the criteria above, by email to email@example.com
Applications close end of Term 3